With recognized experience and knowledge of distribution and competition law, Wilhelm & Associés’ teams advise companies on all legal issues in this area, including merger control, anti-competitive practices, and restrictive practices of competition and distribution network.
The firm has been involved in a several phase II proceedings and appeals of merger decisions.
Our teams also represent clients in antitrust proceedings before French and foreign competition authorities, and before specialized courts.
The firm’s correspondent network enables it to coordinate dealings before foreign competition authorities.
- Drafting and compliance of vertical agreements and different forms of horizontal cooperation agreements
- Assistance and defense of corporate interests at stake in competition investigations
- Preparation and defense of companies subject to objections regarding anti-competitive agreement and/or abuse of dominant position before French and European competition authorities, as well as before French and European courts.
- Assistance to companies in the organization of their integrated distribution networks (franchise networks, selective and/or exclusive distribution networks) and in related disputes
- Assistance and ongoing support in disputes related to unfair competition
- Assistance to companies in pricing practices and sales methods (resale at a loss, price reductions, sales with free gift tying, lotteries, discounts, etc.)
For several years, the firm has published chapters competition – consumer law related to competition proceedings and institutions in the Jurisclasseur Concurrence – Consommation.
Clients benefit from Wilhelm & Associés’ expertise in company and business law, and its recognized business litigation practice.
- Drafting legal documents related to corporate and business law
- Shareholder disputes, representations and warranties, industrial and commercial agreements
- Litigation involving managers’ civil and criminal liability
- Litigation involving civil and criminal liability of regulated professions
- Disputes before the stock market sanctions committee (AMF and ACP)
- Civil and criminal litigation related to stock market transactions
The firm’s broad expertise and cross-disciplinary skills allow it to support all types of clients:
- French and international companies
- Managers and shareholders
- Corporate and investment banks
- Family offices
- Members of regulated professions
- Liability insurance companies
Wilhelm & Associés provides assistance to clients on projects related to establishing their business, extending and restructuring buildings, particularly commercial buildings. The services provided cover a full range of issues related to building permits, development permits, environmental approvals and planning documents.
- Assistance with defining project parameters (project management, contractual arrangements, dealing with local authorities)
- Analysis of the feasibility of projects in terms of current commercial development legislation
- Examination of applications for construction permits allowing for commercial use
- Representation in administrative appeals before the CNAC (National Commission for Commercial Development)
- Managing disputes before administrative courts (Administrative courts, Administrative Appeal courts, Administrative Supreme court)
- Assistance with key decisions in carrying out a project, including management strategy for appeals with regard to risks involved (administrative and criminal sanctions, etc.)
- Examination of applications requesting building permits, development permits, advance notifications, environmental impact studies
- Advice on all urban planning issues
- Managing disputes before administrative courts
- Advice on legal strategies, particularly in relation to complex corporate and commercial real estate projects
Since the firm was founded, it has advised on audiovisual and communications law issues. The firm has become a key player in this sector. Whether advising or representing clients in disputes before the French Audiovisual Council, the French and EU Competition Authorities or before French or EU Courts, the firm assists clients and has been involved in some of the most emblematic cases this sector has seen in the last twenty years.
- Analysis of legal and regulatory constraints of this business sector
- Assistance in preparing cases before the French Audiovisual Council
- Assistance in connection with disciplinary proceedings and dispute settlement before the the French Audiovisual Council
- Assistance and support with appeals in response to decisions of the French Audiovisual Council
- Assistance before judicial and specialized administrative courts in this sector, both in France and in the EU
The firm’s expertise in this sector is further reinforced by its numerous public speaking events and publications.
Wilhelm & Associés advises and represents clients in disputes, both at the French and international levels, before specialized courts and intellectual property registration administrative offices.
- Assistance with the analysis and protection of intellectual property rights
- Assistance in the protection of intellectual property rights
- Assistance, advice, drafting of intellectual property operating agreements
Familiar with legal and administrative proceedings related to intellectual property rights, the firm’s specialized lawyers assist clients from the stage of protecting their rights to their defense or contesting the rights of third parties.
The intellectual property team has a recognized practice before the INPI (French IP authority), EUIPO, WIPO, and French and European courts.
Wilhelm & Associés advises clients at different stages of their construction projects. Our services include, for example:
- Advice and assistance to private contractors in connection with the completion, renovation or extension of complex corporate and commercial real estate projects (contract strategy, division by volume, etc.)
- Preparation and execution of commercial leases
- Assistance with negotiations, drafting, sales, renewal or termination of real estate contracts, particularly leases executed before construction completion property development agreements and commercial leases